The Ennis Tidy Towns pollinator projects are looking spectacular! Not only do these areas look beautiful, but they also give a space for so many different plants which attract bees and other pollinators.
Just a selection of areas include:
- Quin Road pollinator road verge
- Kilrush Road pollinator road verge
- Claureen Pollinator Roundabout
- Beechpark Pollinator Roundabout
- Fairgreen / Tim Smythe Park
- Cappahard Roundabout
- An Sean Dún Green Community
Pollinator areas all formed part of our Wild about Ennis Biodiversity Plan and our TidyTowns Ireland submission for 2018 which encourages communities to look at their towns and villages in a much more sustainable manner! These projects were developed using Biodiversity Ireland Pollinator Guidelines – so simple and user-friendly.
All these projects would not have been possible without the support of Clare County Council, Active Ennis and Banner Beekeepers Association.